Author Notes: Simple and easy coconut macaroons, dipped in chocolate and topped with milk chocolate toffee bits. —Michelle Candler
- 14 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons canola/vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup toffee milk chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add in egg whites and almond extract and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Scoop out mixture with your hands (about 1/4 cup size) and form into a ball (the mixture will be wet, but just pack the cookie together as well as you can).
- Place onto baking sheet and press down lightly.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes (the edges and bottoms will get very brown). Remove cookies and let cool.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips with oil in the microwave in 15 second increments (for about 1 minute total), stirring each increment.
- Dip the tops of each cookie into the chocolate and sprinkle with toffee bits